Your weekly round-up of updates on the Avalon: Web of Magic animated series!
News from Instagram Comments:
- Re: production and release date: “we are finishing the sales reel now for presentation to the broadcasters. Plan is to start production in fall for summer/ fall 2018 launch” [source]
- Re: the mages’ clothing: “there will be different outfits designed for the girls depending on where the stories take them” [source]
- Re: network and website: “we don’t know yet which network will play the episodes. We start meetings in Sept and will keep you posted. We are working on a new website as well.” [source]
- Re: Be*Tween and series music: “we have B*Tween in a few episode story outlines but we’re not sure what songs will be used yet. We’ll figure it out when we start scripts. For our sales demo, Amy Lee is letting us use one of her songs from Evanescence. How cool is that 🎶!” [source]
- Re: website and contacting Rachel Roberts: “ya that site needs a complete overhaul. We’re focused on getting the series up and running first. We’ll set up some social for Rachel, twitter or the site or something- which would you prefer?” [source]
Frequent followers of the voyager.world Instagram account may have noticed their occasional updates on a series called Battle Dragons. I’ve looked into them and discovered that it’s a repackaging of the Bazil Broketail book series, with each book split into two volumes. Also, if you look through the official voyager.world site, you’ll find that they used a promo image from Rachel Roberts’ Sky Rider series in the character guide section.
Notes from the Archivist:
- They better post the sales reel online when it’s complete! Most fans (myself included) have been anticipating a TV or film adaptation of the series for over a decade. I’d love to see if the animation lives up to the production art. I’m a little worried about the choice of music, though. Evanescence will give me flashbacks to high school….
- Speaking of production art … yay we got our first look at the mages! I’m really digging the designs for Emily, Adriane, and Lyra. Ozzie, Stormbringer, and Kara … not so much.