Welcome to Weekend Talk Among Yourselves, where I talk about behind-the-scenes stuff and things that have nothing to do about Avalon or whatever I’m recapping, and you can comment with whatever you want.
Here’s what’s happening on my end:
* So, um … I haven’t made a Talk Among Yourselves post in a while. Sorry about that. Just didn’t have much to talk about recently.
* A shameless plug for the Thanksgiving holiday!
* This is your last call for posting questions you want answered about the Avalon series! I’ll be sending them off next month. Check out comments in past Talk Among Yourselves, or the massive list of questions we collected a couple of years back, for inspiration. I can assure you that some of those questions from that old list haven’t been answered yet.
* It’s time for a mini-Book Rant! It took me f’ing forever to finish reading Maid of Secrets, a historical fiction book about young women who spy for Queen Elizabeth I. Normally I’m totally all over this — I like the Elizabethan era! One of the characters is hinted to have magic / psychic powers! And there’s spies! But it got really slow in the middle, and was a struggle to get through until the very end, when it picked up again. Also, this was another of those books where you know someone’s a major character or love interest because they get lengthy descriptions of their clothes. I’m not a fan of that.
* Oh! Happy Thanksgiving! Or Happy Hanukkah! Or both!