Welcome to Weekend Talk Among Yourselves, where I talk about behind-the-scenes stuff and things that have nothing to do about Avalon or whatever I’m recapping, and you can comment with whatever you want.
Here’s what’s happening on my end:
* Sorry for posting my Jewel Riders recap late this week. I was vacationing outside Boston and didn’t bring my laptop with me. We’ll be back to our usual recap schedule next week.
* I managed to get a copy of The Bitter Kingdom this week. Here are things I’m willing to spoil:
- One of my batshit-insane theories is actually correct, and is a major plot point. Now you get to guess which of my theories is right!
- The Italian cover for the first book is actually accurate.
- The real purpose of a Chosen One is definitely not a Good Thing.
- Elisa’s service to God is rather underwhelming, unless you can see the future or something.
- We’ve already met the “final bosses” of this series. Guess who they are in the comments if you want.
- The series actually has a satisfying ending, and a decent romantic subplot. Guess who wins the love polygon if you want. (Mega spoiler: the polygon is actually solved in the second book, but there’s some good development in the last volume. Not that I care about romance or anything. It’s usually my least favorite aspect of YA books.)
- We don’t learn anything new about Lengua Classica. (There goes all my fantasy conlang reconstruction dreams!)
Got anything you want to talk about? Post it in the comments!